Yesterday I made this: http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/leahny/tropical-cake
and I didn't like it. I think maybe with a plain yellow cake. The topping was very good, cake was almost "perfume-like" with pineapple smell. I also thought the box was deceiving as I thought it was a complete pineapple upside down cake in a box...(yeah I know for $1!? I was stupid) Learn from my ways!
Ingredients Baking Instructions
* 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme cake mix
* 2 ripe bananas
* 1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 2 tbsp. milk
1. Mix and bake cake according to package directions in a 13x9-inch pan.
2. Cool cake in pan.
3. Slice each banana lengthwise to 4 thin slices. Arrange slices on cake.
4. In small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, coconut and milk Spread on cake and cover bananas completely.
5. Place cake under broiler and broil 2 to 3 minutes till bubbly.